Recipe by Kritty
I got this recipe from the Cake Mix Miracles cookbook. I love Italian Cream Cake but hate the time it takes to make it. This is very close to the real thing but much easier! The serving amount is a guess...just depends on how big the slices you cut are. The cooking (passive) time to make includes the baking and cooling times but not the chill time.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) white cake mix with pudding
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- 2⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat first four ingredients with an electric mixer for 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour into three greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 - 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.
- Sprinkle each layer with rum if desired, let stand 10 minutes.
- Ice using your favorite cream cheese frosting. Chill 2 hours before slicing.