Recipe by JESMom
No need to marinate! So very tasty, especially with a nice pasta salad on the side. If you don't have Italian seasoning, use 1/2 a teaspoon EACH of dried basil, marjoram, oregano and thyme.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Everytime I see a recipe like this I wonder how easy it might be to just run the chicken breasts through one of those old-fashioned clothes ringers that my mom used to use! Ah, well, about this review ~ I liked the combination of the two cheeses, & I topped it all off with a homemade spaghetts sauce!You've got a great recipe here for wonderful tasting sandwiches, a recipe well-worth keeping! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed under my 'Sandwich' theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten each chicken breast to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Add the flour, Parmesan and Italian seasoning to a gallon sized zip top baggie.
- Dip the chicken into the vinegar, then toss in the baggie to cover with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, then turn, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Fill the hoagie buns with the chicken, lettuce, mozzarella and spaghetti sauce.