Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An, easy, full of flavor soup that is done in 20 mins.! On occasion, I add 8 ozs. of Velveeta or White American cheese melted in at the end for a thicker, cheesey soup.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can mixed vegetables or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Brown beef and onion; drain.
- Mix together browned beef and onion, tomatoes, broth, vegetables and seasonings in a Dutch oven or soup kettle.
- Bring to a boil; add noodles.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until noodles are done.
- Serve in bowls topped with grated Parmesan cheese (opt.).
My husband and I really wanted an quick vegetable beef soup and this was it! The only thing I added was an additional 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of italian seasoning. Thanks for the recipe!
Thanks for the easy recipe.