Recipe by WI Cheesehead
I collected this recipe for a quick weeknight dinner. You can use sausage or ground meat. Very warming and tasty!
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced or 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3⁄4 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup bisquick buttermilk baking mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- Brown sliced Italian sausage until done or cook ground beef until brown; drain.
- Stir in tomato, peas and Italian seasoning; spread in pie plate.
- Stir baking mix, milk and eggs with fork until blended. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake 25 minute or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2 to 3 minute longer or until melted.
- Serve with pizza sauce if desired.