Recipe by Living4Jesus
When you don't have time for dough to rise! I've served pizza with this recipe many, many times and I always get complimented on the great crust. Use a Kitchen Aid with a dough hook to cut time. Both my toddlers love this pizza!
Top Review by Cinnamon Turtle
For a super-quick option, this dough was really good. It rises a little due to steam, but it is still fairly dense. It bakes up nice and crisp on the outside, though. Because the dough doesn't have time to develop much flavor of its own, I definitely recommend using the herbs and parmesan. Brushing the edges with garlic butter after it comes out of the oven is also very nice.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 (1 tablespoon) packet yeast
- 1 1⁄2 cups very warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 slightly beaten egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 425.
- Mix all dry ingredients with the exception of the yeast.
- Make a small well in the dry ingredients and place the yeast inside.
- Pour the very warm water over the yeast and incorporate the mixture until you begin to form a dough.
- Knead until ingredients are fully incorporated, and the dough is no longer sticky.
- Immediately form (or roll out) your dough and place on greased pizza or cookie sheet.
- Brush the dough with olive oil.
- Bake for eight minutes.
- Remove and brush edges with egg (gives color).
- Fill the pizza with desired ingredients and bake about another 8-10 minutes.