Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Anyone who has raised kids has heard that lament. This is something I did recently with three hungry grandchildren. I prefer to cook from scratch and a lot healthier, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do....
- 3⁄4-1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup, low sodium
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans carrots, drained, rinsed, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated (your choice)
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-2 tablespoon hot sauce (your choice)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- salt, to taste
- Preheat large skillet with lid. Remove from heat.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and return to heat.
- Add meat and brown, drain. If meat is frozen, put on low heat, cover and cook ten minutes, turn brick of meat and cook another ten minutes while breaking it up.*.
- Add rest of ingredients minus 1/2 cup cheese, stir and cover.
- Cook on medium-high heat meat is cooked and dish is totally heated through; stir frequently.
- Top with rest of cheese before serving.
- Serve over a pasta, or rice or even toast points.
- This is where my OAMC comes into play. I always have cooked ground meat of some sort in my freezer, ready to go.
Good quick meal. Served it over elbow macaroni. Kids and adults alike ate this cozy stew like meal. Great to buy the ingredients ahead and have them on hand ready to make. Thanks for sharing. Made for Cookbook Tag Sept 2011. Enjoy! ChefDLH
This was quick and easy without the loss of flavor!! Thanks for sharing.