Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick to make sambar, perfect to have with idli or dosa
- 6 small eggplants, chopped
- 6 small ladyfingers, chopped
- 1 big tomatoes, chopped
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄4 tablespoon hing
- 1⁄2 piece fresh ginger
- 5 curry leaves
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups toor dal
- 1⁄4 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sambhar powder
- Add oil to cooking pan.
- Once oil is hot, Add green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, hing.
- After about 1 minute, Add tomato.
- After half-cooking tomato, add eggplants and ladysfinger.
- Add salt and keep cooking vegetables until they become soft.
- Now the cooked vegetable mix is ready.
- Mix Tamarind paste with 4 cups water and add to pressure cooker.
- Add toor dhal, cooked vegetables mix, sambar powder to pressure cooker.
- After 3 whistles, switch off pressure cooker.
- Sambar is ready.