Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these with just about any meal--very buttery-good! My grandmother's recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) canhungry jack biscuits
- Melt butter in 9-inch cake pan.
- Mix herbs and cheese together and stir into butter.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes.
- Cut biscuits into halves and swish around in herb butter to coat all sides.
- Place into 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 12-15 minutes.
The flavors in these are delicious, but I think changes are necessary. I used 2 cans of biscuits for 5 people. (And we almost finished them.) For that amount of biscuits, I used 1 1/2 times the amount of listed seasonings, and that was just right. However, I used 1/2 cup butter plus 3 Tbsp, and even that was too much! The bottom layer of the finished product was SOAKED in butter. I would recommend mixing the butter and herbs in another dish, then coating biscuits before putting them in cake pan.
This is a very good recipe. Very easy to make and yet it was impressive-in taste and in looks. I will definitely be making this one again. I didn't let the butter/herb mixture stand for 10-15 minutes and I left the biscuits whole to save on time. It was still good and had plenty of flavor. Thanks for posting!
This was easy and oh so good! I used the amt. of butter as indicated and turned out to be a lot. If you have any rolls left in the pan, eventually the bread will soak up the butter and you'll have a half-butter roll. So maybe next time, a little less butter as there is already lots in the pre-made biscuits. I will definitely make these again and again. Thanks!