Recipe by winging it
a simple quick Huevos Rancheros variation. Use Chunky salsa, mild, medium or hot to your taste.
Top Review by GibbyLou
This was such a wonderful and very speedy weeknight dinner. It was perfect since we were eating at different times. I did not have any pear so I left that out. I also used more cheese. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.
- 8 ounces salsa
- 2 eggs, per person
- 1 tortilla, per serving
- 1 tablespoon Anjou pear, shredded cheese per serving
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on broiler.
- bring salsa to a simmer in sauce pan. I then sprinkle this with corn starch and stir in to thicken. take off heat.
- lightly poach or fry 2 eggs per person so the whites are stil a bit l runny.
- Heat one side of tortilla in fry pan.
- Place tortilla on sheet pan, spoon on some of the salsa, place 2 eggs on top, sprinkle cheese and put under broiler.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Garnish and serve. Add re-fried beans or plantains on side if you like.