Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
a simple quick Huevos Rancheros variation. Use Chunky salsa, mild, medium or hot to your taste.
Make and share this Quick Huevos Rancheros recipe from Food.com.
- Turn on broiler.
- bring salsa to a simmer in sauce pan. I then sprinkle this with corn starch and stir in to thicken. take off heat.
- lightly poach or fry 2 eggs per person so the whites are stil a bit l runny.
- Heat one side of tortilla in fry pan.
- Place tortilla on sheet pan, spoon on some of the salsa, place 2 eggs on top, sprinkle cheese and put under broiler.
- Heat until cheese melts.
- Garnish and serve. Add re-fried beans or plantains on side if you like.
This was such a wonderful and very speedy weeknight dinner. It was perfect since we were eating at different times. I did not have any pear so I left that out. I also used more cheese. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2014.