Prep 1 hr
Cook 52 mins
This is a no-knead recipe that I usually roll out and make cinnamon rolls with.
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening (Crisco)
- Combine warm water,sugar and yeast.
- Add salt and 2 cups of flour,beat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and shortening.
- Beat 1 minute.
- Blend in 4 cups of flour until dough is formed.
- Let sit 20 minutes.
- Form into rolls.
- Let rise until double and bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes .
- Can be used for cinnamon rolls.
- You can also flattened out pieces of dough in hot oil til golden,then serve with butter and honey or syrup.
Awesome recipe for cinnamon buns...quick and easy
Very good! I did not have butter flavor Crisco, so used regular, and I think I will make sure to use butter flavor next time. I served it for company and everyone raved! They were also HUGE! It says it makes 12, but could easily have been 18 to 24 if made "normal" sized!
I made these rolls for dinner and they were a big hit. They are delicious. I will make these my favorite quick roll recipe. So moist and tasty. Would love to try this recipe to make cinnamon rolls as Divinemom5 suggests.