Prep 0 mins
Cook 35 mins
No better flavor than honey mustard for chicken - Enjoy!!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 cups zucchini or 2 cups summer squash, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Cut any larger chicken pieces in half.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in the hot oil for 4 minutes per side or until the chicken is nicely cooked on all sides.
- Add the apple juice and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the washed baby carrots and summer squash. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the carrots are crisp-tender. (add zucchini during the last few minutes of cooking).
- Cook until the center of the thickest part of each breast reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables from the skillet with a slotted spoon and cover to keep warm. Stir the mustard into the liquid to deglaze the skillet. If the pan juices have evaporated, add a little more apple juice.
- Spoon the mustard over the chicken and vegetables and garnish with coarsely chopped toasted almonds.