1/1 Photo of Quick Honey Butterhorns
Dienia B.'s Note:
From a hand written cookbook from 1930s, Neligh Ne. Cinnamon, honey, and orange zest in this; it tastes like a biscuit with honey and cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2Cut in shortening.
- 3Add milk to make soft dough; recipe says you may have to add 3/4 cup milk but start with lesser amount (I did have to add more milk).
- 4Turn out on a floured board; knead 1/2 minute.
- 5Divide dough in half.
- 6Roll each portion into circular shape about 1/4 inch thick.
- 7Brush with melted butter and honey that you have melted together.
- 8Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 9Cut into pie shaped pieces.
- 10Roll up starting at large end (roll tight or they will come unrolled).
- 11Brush with egg yolk mixed with water.
- 12Sprinkle top with orange zest.
- 13Bake 10 to 12 minutes in hot oven 450 degrees Fahrenheit. (Mine took a little longer).
- 14Be careful when handling them out of oven; the honey is wicked hot for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Honey Butterhorns
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.8 mg
- Sodium 811.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 8.5 g