Recipe by Sarah_Ont
This recipe came from Canadian Living magazine, adapted for our household...makes a great "fancy" lunch on a weekend even though it's so quick!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic until softened.
- Add tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Using immersion blender or food processor, puree (optional).