This recipe came from Canadian Living magazine, adapted for our household...makes a great "fancy" lunch on a weekend even though it's so quick!
- in saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook onions and garlic until softened.
- Add tomatoes, stock, tomato paste and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Using immersion blender or food processor, puree (optional).
Eat your heart out Campbell's. Man this was a good thick and tasty soup. I just followed the recipe and enjoyed!! Thank you Sarah
Quick and easy recipe, and really tasty. I halved the recipe, used diced instead of stewed tomatoes, added 1/2t baking soda to neutralize the acid of the tomatoes, added about 1t of basil, and stirred in 1/4C of reduced-fat milk to make it a little more creamy. Processed it in the blender and it was AMAZING. Thank you so much for sharing!
My DD hates everything. hates tomatoes, hates homemade soup...She just asked, nay begged me to make this soup for her school lunch. My only 2 adjustments was to use fresh tomatos from my garden and to add about 1/4 cup of sweet potato/carrot puree to the soup to sweeten it up a bit and increase the veggie content ( idea from the sneaky chef cookbook)