- 2 cups gluten flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons lite tamari or 3 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos, liquid amino acids or 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 -3 teaspoon toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup tamari or 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 inches piece kombu (a type of seaweed)
- 3 -4 slices gingerroot (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add garlic powder and ginger to flour and stir. Mix liquids together and add to flour mixture all at once. Mix vigorously with a fork. When it forms a stiff dough knead it 10 to 15 times.
- Let the dough rest 2 to 5 minutes, then knead it a few more times. Let it rest another 15 minutes before proceeding.
- Cut gluten into 6 to 8 pieces and stretch into thin cutlets. Simmer in broth for 30 to 60 minutes.
- (Makes 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 pounds or 2 to 2-1/2 cups).