Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Nothing better than homemade! Why just open a can when it can be this easy to make it yourself.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in large skillet; add garlic, onion and ground beef.
- Stir until browned.
- Pour off excess fat.
- Add beans with liquid, tomato sauce, salt and chili powder.
- Simmer over low heat stirring occasionally, until chili is desired thickness.
very easy and very good! Made it ahead of time and put it in a crock pot. I really like this recipe because you can add ingredients to taste! I added some hot chili peppers, cause I like mine mouth burning hot! ;-) Those simple cheese biscuits of Christine's went very well with this too!!
Very quick & easy! A warm & tasty meal, that is not "hot & spicy". My husband and I really loved this chili.
What a great basic recipe! I used the recipe as a jumping-off point and added a few more spices (cumin and cayenne, and increased the chili powder), and used a can of roasted garlic tomato sauce. I also added a bit more onions and regular garlic too. I didn't add the juice from the beans because my can of sauce was larger than the recipe called for. My hubby really loved this chili, and it took a lot less time than all-day simmering a normal pot of chili. Easy!