1/3 Photos of Quick Homemade Applesauce - No Sugar Added
What's Cooking?'s Note:
A quick, easy homemade applesauce recipe that I served with potato latkes this year. It has no added sugar, which makes it a better option for diabetics and low-carb people and others who avoid cane sugar. But if you prefer a sweeter sauce, add 1/2 cup of sugar. I recommend using 1/2 sweet apples (I like Braeburn) and 1/2 tart apples (Granny Smith, for example). Don't leave out the salt, it's a necessary ingredient for a good applesauce!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and core apples (I prefer to leave the skin on a few of them because I like the taste and texture). Cut apples into approximately 1 inch cubes.
- 2Add all ingredients to pot, and turn heat on high. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the apples have softened significantly.
- 3Stir frequently, making sure that the apples are not sticking to the bottom of the pot. Add more water if necessary. Remove lemon slices.
- 4Mash with a potato masher or use a food mill for a smoother consistency. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Homemade Applesauce - No Sugar Added
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 24.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g