Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make your own delicious rice (not from a box) with only 3 ingredients! This quick and easy recipe delivers great tasting rice that goes well with any dish.
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder or 1 beef bouillon cube
- Place rice in a rice cooker. No need to water and rinse the rice first. Pour 1 1/2 cup of cold water right on top of the rice.
- In a separate container dissolve the bouillon in the 1/2 cup warm water.
- Once the bouillon is completely dissolved mix it in the rice cooker with the rest of the water and the rice. Put rice cooker on "cook" and you are done!
- Mix well before serving.
I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of flavor with so few ingredients. I love my rice cooker and I really like this recipe. I cook a lot of rice and this recipe goes into the keeper file for sure. And it couldn't be any easier!