Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have never liked holiday dressing very much until I tasted this recipe.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cooked rice
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, diced
- 2 -4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- salt, as needed
- pepper, as needed
- In a large frying pan put the Italian sausage, and stir-fry over medium heat until browned, breaking up the sausage with a spoon as you cook it.
- When the sausage is well cooked, turn off the heat.
- Stir in the rice and mix well.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixture in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake 350F for 30 minutes or until very hot.
- Serve at once.