Top Review by Heydarl
This recipe was a great starting point for our dinner tonight. I used lots of vegies (cabbage, red pepper, zucchini, carrot, celery, onion), left out snow peas & water chestnuts. I marinated the chicken in soy sauce & cornstarch (no salt), then cooked in 3 batches. For the sauce, I added hoisin & soy sauce only. Served with rice for a fabulous, healthy dinner. Thanks Deb for sharing this great recipe.
- 4 -6 ounces snow peas
- 0.5 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, cut into quarters
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak snow peas in very cold water for a few minutes only if they are not crisp; trim and string them; blot peas and water chestnuts dry with a clean paper towel; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and cornstarch; stir or toss to coat evenly.
- Add vegetable oil to a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat; heat until oil is almost smoking; add chicken to skillet and sauté 2 minutes or until the chicken is just barely done; add snow peas, water chestnuts, hoisin sauce, and sugar to skillet; sauté 1-2 minutes more until chicken and veggies are evenly coated with sauce; serve with rice or noodles.