A quick, simple and very aromatic pizza dough with a blend of Italian herbs. Makes a great, authentic pizza! (Serving Size = 1 family size pizza)
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl, create a well in the middle.
- Add dried yeast, olive oil, sugar, salt.
- Add warm water.
- Knead for 3 min, adding a small splash of water as needed to incorporate all the flour. If too sticky, dust lightly over with flour and keep kneading. Add Italian herbs.
- Knead for another 5 - 7 min, or until dough is elastic.
- Cover with plastic wrap, layer over a warm, damp towel and set for at least 30 min in a warm area for dough to rise.
- (Tip: If you live in a cold climate, set a pot of water to boil on high heat, and set the covered bowl near it to warm it up. Don't put it too close, just enough for the bowl to heat and warm up. Too hot and the yeast will get killed!).
- When dough has risen, punch down, lightly use tips of fingers to pull out dough, dust a bit of flour over and then knead lightly until dough is round and smooth.
This is the same dough recipe I use and it couldn't be easier. I like adding a little chopped garlic to the dough as well. If I have the freezer space, I double the recipe and roll out two pizzas. One I stick in the oven for dinner and the other I cover with foil and pop it in the freezer for a homemade dinner later.