Recipe by Sherrybeth
Had these at an art showing last week and they were exceptional with the fresh herbs. (I'm sure you can substitute dried herbs if you need to.) I got the recipe, went home and made a batch for some friends and they devoured the whole batch in about 30 minutes. YOU CAN ALSO SERVE THIS AS A MAIN DISH BY NOT CUTTING IT INTO BITE SIZE PIECES.
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 lb swiss cheese, grated (or you can use mozzarella)
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper (to season)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In large bowl, beat eggs, cottage cheese, flour, baking powder and seasoned salt.
- Stir in cheese, mushrooms, butter, salt, pepper and the herbs.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch glass baking dish.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold, depending on your preference.