Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (or regular milk with 1/2 tsp. white vinegar)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
- Mash the butter, parsley and thyme together.
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt into a food processor or large mixing bowl.
- If using a food processor, turn it on and drop the butter in 4 to 5 dollops into the machine while it's running.
- If working by hand, rub the butter into the flour until it looks like bread crumbs.
- Pour in the buttermilk or milk-vinegar mixture and process or stir until you have a soft ball.
- Drop in roughly formed pieces onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.