Recipe by Zurie
This is a super spread on hot toast, fresh bread or pasta. It's really worth it to make it when you can get fresh herbs -- it's really all about the herbs! Put in your processor, and whizz! Quantities can vary. I found it quite hard to measure because I simply use handfuls ... Prep time is a rough guess for preparing the herbs, assembling the ingredients, and processing.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
I loved this. I made a roasted butternut squash soup for lunch and served this on toasted baguette. Next I want to try it on hot pasta because I think it will go really nicely that way
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 6 ounces sesame seeds (200 g)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh herb, mixed (e.g. rocket, thyme, oregano, basil, mint, parsley, 250 g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄4 lb cream cheese (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove herb leaves from stems if necessary.
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and whizz until a fine paste forms and all the herbs have been incorporated.
- (You could add chopped sundried tomatoes if you do not have enough fresh herbs).
- Scrape into a small container. Spread on hot toast, fresh bread, or pasta.