Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has a good, indulgent flavor but not much fat. Of course, you could change that...
Make and share this Quick Healthy Breakfast Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Split roll and spread with margarine/mayo; set aside.
- Cook veggie bacon according to package directions, drain and place on roll.
- Sauté garlic and veggies in a light coating of olive oil.
- When wilted, add egg substitute and scramble.
- Top scrambled omelet with cheese slice, heat until melted and place on roll with "bacon".
This was pretty good. I used a whole wheat roll that I toasted and a smidge of fat free mayo. I used a bunch of mushrooms plus some onion already cut up in the fridge. I used 4 egg whites and left out the bacon because I didn't have any. I topped with low fat jalapeno cheese which added a nice bite. I needed a lot of salt and pepper (which I didn't think to add until after the cheese was on which didn't work too well) but otherwise it was a nice sandwhich!
This was very good. It makes a BIG sandwich. I used onions, red pepper, and tomatoes and Aunt Millie's Lite bread (toasted) to try to keep it lower in calories and fat. Next time, I think I'll crumble the bacon and add to the egg mixture and reduce the amount of vegetables and eggs.