Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has a good, indulgent flavor but not much fat. Of course, you could change that...
- 1 roll, split
- low-fat margarine or low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 slices vegetarian bacon
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup chopped vegetables (mushrooms, onions, peppers tomatoes are my favorites)
- egg substitute (2 egg equivalent)
- 1 slice low-fat cheese or 1 slice non fat cheese or 1 slice soy cheese
- Split roll and spread with margarine/mayo; set aside.
- Cook veggie bacon according to package directions, drain and place on roll.
- Sauté garlic and veggies in a light coating of olive oil.
- When wilted, add egg substitute and scramble.
- Top scrambled omelet with cheese slice, heat until melted and place on roll with "bacon".
This was pretty good. I used a whole wheat roll that I toasted and a smidge of fat free mayo. I used a bunch of mushrooms plus some onion already cut up in the fridge. I used 4 egg whites and left out the bacon because I didn't have any. I topped with low fat jalapeno cheese which added a nice bite. I needed a lot of salt and pepper (which I didn't think to add until after the cheese was on which didn't work too well) but otherwise it was a nice sandwhich!
This was very good. It makes a BIG sandwich. I used onions, red pepper, and tomatoes and Aunt Millie's Lite bread (toasted) to try to keep it lower in calories and fat. Next time, I think I'll crumble the bacon and add to the egg mixture and reduce the amount of vegetables and eggs.