Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had a craving for mexican flavours but was short on time. This is a super easy recipe with a big pay off. Full of flavour without the guilt! This recipe is healthy and delicious. It is also vegan. Substitute rice for a gluten free option.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- In a medium sized pot, put the water on to boil.
- When boiling, add couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Serve and enjoy.
- For a gluten free alternative, make rice instead of couscous according to package directions and stir in other ingredients.
- For extra protein, substitute couscous with quinoa (make according to package directions).