1/1 Photo of Quick Hash Browns
Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV's Note:
Fresh hash browns made quick from scratch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The number of potatoes simply depends upon the number of people you are feeding.
- 2Wash and do not peel the potatoes. Microwave on high until mostly done. If using 2-3 small red potatoes for two servings this will be about 2 1/2 minutes.
- 3While microwaving the potatoes fill a bowl with iced water. When potatoes are done drop them into the ice water and cut them lengthwise in half to expedite cooling.
- 4When just cool enough to handle shred each half without peeling. Keep the peel against your palm while shredding and most of the peel will remain in your hand. Discard the peel and continue with recipe.
- 5Place shredded potatoes in skillet sprayed with vegetable spray and cook over medium heat until well browned. Flip and repeat.
- 6(I don't use salt and pepper, I had to include something else here or the system would not let me publish this. Add it if you would like.).
- 7NOTE: If you want to add other items to these then shred them onto a plate first, add the other items and them place in fry pan. You might want to add some diced onion, bacon or bacon bits, shredded cheese, chives or whatever you might imagine.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Hash Browns
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 600.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 6.4 g