1 hr 10 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Assemble the night before, refrigerate and bake.It is the same as cabbage rolls but not as much work.Correction 1 more cup of water added. Make sure you use DICED TOMATOES WITH ALL OF THE JUICE, A 29 OZ. CAN.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons salt or 2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 small onions, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (or 2 tablespoons Splenda substitute with 1 tsp molasses)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 1 whole head of cabbage, fresh and chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 1In deep metal rectangular pan or 9x13 pan,cover the inside of pan with tinfoil, bottom and sides so there is enough lap over the sides to fold together in the middle to form a cover.
- 2Remove core and chop cabbage.
- 3Place in pan.
- 4Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt.
- 5In large mixing bowl, mix meat, 1 tsp salt, pepper, diced onions, 2 eggs, cilantro, rice, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- 6Distribute evenly over the chopped cabbage.
- 7Squeeze the lemon over the meat mixture.
- 8In bowl mix soup water, tomatoes with juice and allspice.
- 9Pour over the top. Take a fork and gently fork down in the layer of ingredients to make sure sauce goes down into the bottom to the cabbage. Do not rip tinfoil.You can refrigerate overnight but use more cooking time.
- 10Remember to close the tin foil and make a fold in the top. This creates a steam pocket for the rice and vegetables to cook.
- 11Bake 350°F 50 minutes or extra 10 minutes if refrigerated.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Hamburger, Rice, Tomato & Cabbage Bake
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 329.1
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 1094.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 17.0 g