Recipe by littleturtle
Ground beef with vegetables and seasonings in tomato sauce topped with biscuits and cheese. Comfort food. Great on a winter evening.
Top Review by ChefDLH
This was pretty good. The recipe was a bit confusing though. The two 8 oz cans of tomato sauce and mushrooms. Not sure if that meant two cans of each of the tomato sauce and mushrooms or two cans of those two combined. Also in the step with the biscuits and cheese. It seems you put the cheese last which we did but it seemed to look like later it should go cheese then biscuits. The flavor was lacking some seasonings. Next time I would add more maybe pepper or italian seasonings. We cooked the full 30 minutes till golden brown. It definitely is a meat lovers meal. Thanks for sharing littleturtle. Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag April 2010
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce & mushrooms
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté onion, garlic, celery, and ground beef in butter until meat browns and veggies are tender.
- Drain fat, and stir in flour, sauce, seasonings, and broccoli.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Place in shallow baking dish and top with biscuits and cheese.
- Bake until top is golden brown (20-30 minutes).