Recipe by IndyEm
I love a good beef stew, but sometimes don't have all day to cook it. I decided to make beef stew for my family at the last minute the other day, and they loved this recipe I came up with - the pot was wiped clean by the time they were done! This recipe has fantastic flavor, and a rich broth with the combination of consume' and the Guinness, and the best part is it can be on the table in 45 minutes from start to finish!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stew meat, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced (or a handful of baby carrots, sliced)
- 1 cup peas, lightly steamed or canned
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 1 (11 ounce) Guinness stout
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Coat the stew meat in the flour mixture, reserving the rest of the flour when done.
- Heat oil in a non-stick stock pot. Brown meat on all sides, just until pink on outside is gone.
- Add potatoes, onion, carrots and remaining flour. Stir and cook until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add both cans of Beef Consume' (best if you do NOT add water), and the Guinness.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes, or longer if desired.
- Add peas just before serving, stir to warm them up.
- Delicious when served with crusty bread warm from the oven and butter!