Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Flavors reminiscent of Chinese cooking thanks to the fresh bean sprouts in this quick to fix meal from My Great Recipes.
Top Review by angelfan
We call this the Chinese dish. It is very quick, ready in no time, I use french style green beans and do not use any corn starch, it did not need any. i also added thin sliced water chestnuts. Also just a dash of ginger as too much can over power the flavor.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium onions, quartered, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground beef into a large frying pan with 2 tbsp of the butter. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until browned. Remove meat from pan. Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp butter to pan, along with onions and carrots. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until carrots are tender-crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and green beans. Cook 1 minute longer. Return ground beef to pan.
- Blend soy sauce, cornstarch, salt and ginger until smooth. Mix into ground beef mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened. Add bean sprouts and cook about 1 minute longer.
- Serve with brown rice.