Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Flavors reminiscent of Chinese cooking thanks to the fresh bean sprouts in this quick to fix meal from My Great Recipes.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium onions, quartered, sliced
- 3 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- Crumble ground beef into a large frying pan with 2 tbsp of the butter. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring until browned. Remove meat from pan. Set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp butter to pan, along with onions and carrots. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat until carrots are tender-crisp, about 6-8 minutes.
- Mix in garlic and green beans. Cook 1 minute longer. Return ground beef to pan.
- Blend soy sauce, cornstarch, salt and ginger until smooth. Mix into ground beef mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until thickened. Add bean sprouts and cook about 1 minute longer.
- Serve with brown rice.
We call this the Chinese dish. It is very quick, ready in no time, I use french style green beans and do not use any corn starch, it did not need any. i also added thin sliced water chestnuts. Also just a dash of ginger as too much can over power the flavor.
This is so yummy and a great comfort food. If you like soy sauce type dishes, you'll like this. I used ground turkey, 1 onion, and no bean sprouts. I also added some Worcestershire sauce. I used olive oil to saute the veggies. The dish is not saucy, but the flavor really stands out. Great dish! Thanks.