Recipe by BK 2
A quick and easy method of grilling trout without messing with filleting them.
Top Review by Derf
wonderful way to do trout, actually the only way!! Did them on my grill and they came out perfect, I took photos but they did not turn out well, so there is just one which dosn't do the recipe justice, they were delicious and i will be making them again, hopfully with better photo. thanks for posting.
- 4 rainbow trout
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean trout and remove heads.
- Preheat grill to searing temperature around 400 degrees.
- Coat outside of trout with oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on inside of trout.
- Add lemon juice to trout if desired.
- Reduce grill heat to medium or 250 degrees and place trout on grill.
- Trout cook quickly and should be flipped when grill side has just become white.
- Trout are finished when all meat is white and flaky (don't over cook).
- Serve trout immediately.