Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy fish dinner that can be on your table in 30 minutes. Follow the instructions below to make the best use of your time, and then enjoy the great flavors!
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish seasoning (if you don't have a pre-mixed fish seasoning, mix paprika, cayenne, sugar and black pepper)
- 2 cups fresh papayas, small dice
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, small dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, small dice (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, small dice (optional)
- Preheat grill (allow 10 minutes for gas grill).
- While grill is heating, prepare fish and make salsa.
- Prepare fish fillets: brush with oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and seasoning mix.
- Prepare salsa: mix together all ingredients, taking care to keep everything very small. If desired, you can add diced cucumber or red onion, according to your taste preferences. Set salsa aside.
- Prepare heated grill for fish (we use a non-stick spray made for grills to prevent sticking).
- Grill fish 4-5 minutes on each side. When cooking swordfish, don't overcook or it will be dry. Don't wait until it "flakes apart" like other fish - when swordfish is perfectly cooked, there will still be some resistance when you try to cut it apart.
- Serve swordfish with salsa and a wedge of lime.