Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Sometimes the simple flavors are the best! An easy, inexpensive side dish that makes me think of summer even in the winter. You can play around with the ingredients to make it your own.
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans (or use 2 cups fresh green beans)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 medium tomatoes, cubed (or use 1 cup cherry tomatoes)
- Heat beans in small pot over low heat until heated through.
- Take off heat and add salad dressing.
- After cooling 10 minutes, add tomato.
- Chill 1 hour and serve.
- Variations: Add 1 TBS. bacon bits or 1 TBS. almond slices after chilling.
This was a great side dish for us last nite as we're low carbing right now. I used canned french green beans and 1 small tomato. Thank you for this one!
Hi there! This was one of my PAC recipes. I whipped this up tonight, and I'm going to take it to work tomorrow as part of my lunch. This was VERY and so full of flavor! I'll make this again. Thank you so much!