Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this in the local paper. It's Weight Watcher friendly/core.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- Brown the ground beef and drain.
- Add tomato sauce and spices. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Add spinaach and cook until spinach wilts.
- Serve over couscous and garnish with toasted pine nuts.
This was quite tasty, very easy, and liked by everyone in my family (even my two toddlers)! I did make some substitutions - greens I had on hand, and some carrots (which I cooked separately), since I didn't have spinach. I think spinach would have worked better. I also didn't have pine nuts on hand, but I think they would be an absolutely divine addition. I'll be sure to add them next time.
The flavor of this really didn't make me think "Greek," but then, my experience of Greek is the local Greek restaurant. Hee hee! Maybe the pine nuts would help.