Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon (pink salmon has as much beneficial omega-3 as more expensive red salmon)
- 8 low-fat saltine crackers or 8 fat-free saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- black pepper, to taste (use cracked pepper for more bite)
- Drain salmon; remove and discard skin.
- Mash salmon.
- Combine with crackers and egg substitute.
- Form into four patties; sprinkle with pepper.
- In a non-stick pan coated with canola oil, saute over medium heat until patties are browned, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with lime or lemon wedges.
- Or try this quick sauce:.
- Combine 1/2 cup non-fat yogurt, 1 tbsp.
- horseradish and a dash of lemon juice.