This makes gnocchi sooo easy. Thank you Sandy. I married an Italian who loves this dish! I have also added parmesan cheese for something different. I freeze the gnocchi before boiling for easier handling as well as make double batches to save for later. They freeze very well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potato flakes in a medium-size bowl. Pour in boiling water; stir until blended. Let cool.
- 2Beat egg and stir in salt and pepper. Blend in enough flour to make fairly stiff dough. Turn dough out on a well floured board. Knead lightly.
- 3Divide dough in half (I do fourths for easier working). Shape each half into a long thin roll, the thickness of a breadstick. With a knife dipped in flour, cut into bite size pieces. For a more authentic shape, roll against a fork tine and pinch a bit.
- 4Place a few gnocchi in boiling water. As the gnocchi rise to the top of the pot, remove them with a slotted spoon. Repeat until all are cooked. Top with tomato sauce.
- 5These can be made ahead and frozen.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Gnocchi by Sandy Metzler
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 1227.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 14.8 g