Recipe by huskerlayd
If you love gnocchi but don't like to spend a lot of time making it...this is a great recipe.
- 1 cup dry potato flakes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potato flakes in medium bowl. Pour in bowling water, stir until blended. Let cool.
- Stir in egg, salt and pepper. Blend in enough flour to make fairly stiff dough. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface and knead lightly.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a long thin roll, the thickness of a breadstick. With a knife dipped in flour, cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place a few gnocchi in boiling water. As the gnocchi rise to the top of the pot, remove with slotted spoon. repeat until all are cook.
- Top with whatever sauce you choose.