Recipe by **Jubes**
These are very simple to make. Just use your favourite packeted GF bread mix. Scones are always enjoyed by those who have a gluten free diet
Top Review by Mia in Germany
The flour mix I used was Schaer Brot Mix which doesn't contain any rising agents. I only had two cups flour and whipping cream, so I used 2/3 cup whipping cream and some water plus 1 teaspoon baking powder. Somehow it came to my mind to roll the dough and cut it into rolls, so I got nine rolls (1 inch thick) instead of proper sones - but I think they looked beautifully, and I love the flavour! As Sheynath stated they are very versatile, just what I was looking for! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 3 cups gluten-free bread mix (I use Orgran brand)
- 1 cup cream (single or pouring cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Mix ingredients and very lightly knead to form a soft dough. It is important to only knead until the mixture is combined.
- Roll dough out gentley, between two sheets of cling-wrap or baking paper. Roll to 2.5cm (1 inch) thickness. Cut with a scone or biscuit cutter into rounds.
- Bake on lightly floured trays. Place scones fairly close together to assist rising. Brush tops of scones with milk. Bake 10 minutes or until cooked.