1/3 Photos of Quick Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
Mia in Germany's Note:
The idea to make these popped into my mind when I made **Jubes** Quick Gluten Free Scones #220200 for the first time. Instead of cutting out scones I rolled the flattened dough and thought that actually I could have filled it. So I made a second batch of dough and made up my own version of cinnamon roll filling. I really liked that they were not overly sweet as the dough is not sweetened. As usual, I used rice syrup, but will suggest honey which might be slightly sweeter. Instead of the pine nuts you can of course use any other nut you like. I thought about pecans and maple syrup for the filling - if anyone feels like trying that, please tell me how it turned out!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 ° Celsius.
- 2Mix gluten-free bread flour mix and cream lightly. You should just barely nead to get a soft dough. If it's too crumbly, add water by tablespoons until the consistency is so that you can just form a ball of dough to roll out.
- 3Roll the dough out between two sheets of nonstick baking paper into a rectangle as thinly as possible. I managed about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 4Cream together butter, honey and cinnamon.
- 5Gently brush the mixture on the dough, maybe using a knife or your fingers. If the mass is too solid to brush, lightly melt it in a water bath so that it becomes softer but not liquid.
- 6Sprinkle with chopped pine nuts.
- 7Carefully roll the dough into a log.
- 8Using a sharp knife dusted with some rice flour, cut it into 14 rolls.
- 9If the filling is too runny, cover the log with cling-wrap and let it settle in the fridge for some minutes, then cut into rolls.
- 10Place rolls on a baking tray layered with baking paper. As **Jubes** suggests, put them together close to assist rising.
- 11Brush the top of the rolls with milk.
- 12Bake for about 10 minutes or until they're done.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (17 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.9 mg
- Sodium 16.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten-free bread mix