Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Easy, Quick and so good. Beautiful crisp vegtables without any trouble!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, just trim the one end and leave long
- 1 1⁄2 cups tiny baby carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place all ingredients in shallow micro-safe bowl and stir to mix well.
- Top tightly with saran wrap.
- Cook on high for 2 minutes.
I wanted very much to like this but it was very bland. I could barely taste the ginger and lemon. It smelled overwhelmingly of plain steamed carrots. I will try it again and add two or three times as many seasonings. I did cook it in the microwave on my "fresh vegetable" setting (which is "High" power) and to get the beans crisp it was about 10 or 12 minutes in a high powered microwave.
I'm sorry, but while these didn't taste too bad, they veggies were wayyy undercooked! I halved the recipe but cooked for 2 minutes. I cut the beans into 2 inch pieces and yet they turned out pretty "raw". I didn't change anything about the recipe and followed it perfectly. I would've nuked it for longer, except that the steam buildup below the saran wrap caused it to balloon up rather dangerously, so I stopped at 2 minutes.