Recipe by MysticAngel
Healthy, zingy carrots with heaps of ginger with wholegrain mustard
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Butter subbed for rice bran spread. I steamed the carrots then warmed the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan, whisking until the mixture was hot. Served over mixed greens along with Egyptian koftit roz. Reviewed for Best of 2010.
- 4 -6 carrots
- 1 tablespoon rice bran, spread
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop carrots on an angle and place in mirowave proof bowl.
- Add other ingredients on top, do not stir.
- Cook for 1 min on high, then stir all ingredients to coat carrots evenly.
- Cook for a further 3 mins on high, then serve. Drizzle remaining butter suace over the top of the carrots.