1/5 Photos of Quick Ginger Beer
24 hrs 10 mins
I adapted the recipe from Bon Appetit (May 2006) and changed it up to add lemon and pineapple juice. I love it! The original recipe did not call for the lemon and pineapple juices, so you may want to try it that way first, but I highly recommend you try them! Oh, at first the drink was quite hot and spicy, but after sitting a short time in the fridge, it was just right! For a demonstration on how to make this recipe, go here: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=247514
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Finely chop ginger in a food processor. Transfer to a large glass or ceramic bowl; add boiling water and stir to blend. Cover loosely with foil. Let the ginger mixture stand at cool room temperature 24 hours.
- 3Strain ginger liquid into large pitcher; discard the solids in a strainer.
- 4Add brown sugar to liquid and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- 5Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour ginger beer over ice. If you like, add a little club soda. Serve with lime wedge to squeeze over. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Ginger Beer
Serving Size: 1 (2276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g