1/5 Photos of Quick Ginger Beer
24 hrs 10 mins
I adapted the recipe from Bon Appetit (May 2006) and changed it up to add lemon and pineapple juice. I love it! The original recipe did not call for the lemon and pineapple juices, so you may want to try it that way first, but I highly recommend you try them! Oh, at first the drink was quite hot and spicy, but after sitting a short time in the fridge, it was just right! For a demonstration on how to make this recipe, go here: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=247514
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- 2Finely chop ginger in a food processor. Transfer to a large glass or ceramic bowl; add boiling water and stir to blend. Cover loosely with foil. Let the ginger mixture stand at cool room temperature 24 hours.
- 3Strain ginger liquid into large pitcher; discard the solids in a strainer.
- 4Add brown sugar to liquid and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice and pineapple juice.
- 5Fill glasses with crushed ice and pour ginger beer over ice. If you like, add a little club soda. Serve with lime wedge to squeeze over. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Ginger Beer
Serving Size: 1 (2276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 37.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g