Recipe by Stella Mae
This quick and delicious soup is made with leftover salad -- tomatoes, lettuce, olives, onions, cucs, including the dressing that's still clinging to it! Preparation time is included in the chilling time.
Top Review by La Gourmande
This was so easy to make and a great way to use up old lettuce. We tried it chunky and smooth but liked chunky best. Smooth has an odd green color so it's not good for picky eaters or guests, plus you lose so much of the fabulous texture. This dish reminded me very much of a salsa, although I think it needed fresh pepper. I will definitely make this again. I want to try it, though, as a sauce for some lean ground meat. THAT would be delicious!
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 -3 medium peeled tomatoes, additional, so the soup won't look sick (optional)
- 1 cup any type lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- salt and pepper or other seasoning, if needed
- miniature crouton, for a garnish
- tiny diced cucumber, bits for a garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- First, you may want to remove any bits of cheese from the salad before blending, or it may lend an extra zip you'll find tasty, so be your own guide.
- Put the leftover salad and additional tomato into a blender and blend until chunky or smooth, depending upon your taste.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Cover and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator.
- Serve in champagne glasses or small bowls.
- Top with croutons and cucumber bits.