Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Rachael Ray recipe. It really is very easy and very flavorful. I should note that I didn't use the lemon zest (husband isn't a fan of citrus flavor on meat), I only had dried rosemary, so I just used less,and I placed a quartered onion in the dish. That being said, this was still very good. I served it up with some asparagus and mushroom flavored rice. Everyone ate, even my two year old. If you don't like white meat, try chicken thighs.
- 1133.98 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 44.37 ml fresh rosemary, stripped from stems (I used approx. 1 tbsp. dried and sprinkled a little more on top.)
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 14.79 ml montreal seasoning (I sprinkled a little more on top.) or 14.79 ml coarse salt & pepper (I sprinkled a little more on top.)
- 118.29 ml dry white wine or 118.29 ml chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut chicken into large chunks. (I used 4 breasts and cut each one into three pieces.).
- In a 9x13 baking dish put the garlic, rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest, and seasoning.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Add wine & lemon juice and combine with pan juices.
- Return to oven and turn oven off.
- Let stand for 5 minutes longer, then remove chicken from oven.
- Spoon pan juices over chicken and serve.
I would have given this 5 stars myself, but DH and DS really didn't care for it. Too lemony for them. I loved it and thought it tasted light and flavorful and was delicious served on a bed of sauteed spinach, garlic and parm (which helped absorb some of the lemon). I used jarred minced garlic (that's what I had) and I didn't even know what montreal seasoning was so used something I picked up at Penzeys (online spice catelog) called "mural of flavor". I used an Australian Sauvignon Blanc (again, all I had) for the wine. I about decimated my windowsill rosemary plant to get 3 T of fesh rosemary but it was worth it. I, like my DH and DS, thought it was a little overpowering from a lemon perspective and would use less lemon juice if I made it again. I also thought the texture of the chicken made it seem a wee bit overcooked, though I followed the directions exactly. I might try baking it at a lower temp, say 375, for 25 or 30 minutes, adding the wine for the last 10. It was VERY simple and I may sneak it back into the rotation with a few minor alterations despite DH/DS!
My husband and I enjoyed this. I put the lemon juice in earlier than the recipe stated (on accident). Also, I didn't have a dry white wine, only Reisling, and I used that. I also used 2 springs of fresh rosemary. Great with garlic and herbed mashed potatoes.
I tried this recipe out (Used more chicken for a bigger family) and it was awesome! I have added it to my "take it or leave it" recipe book! Thanks for giving the great recipes!