Recipe by Happy Harry #2
I was making some cheese quesdillas for my extremely picky DGD and myself. I got out some hummus and liquid pepper to spread on top of mine and this idea was born!
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds, shelled (*)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, cooked (I use jarred)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, fresh
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed & drained
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 corn tortillas (5 spinach & 5 sun-dried tomato)
- 3⁄4-1 cup salsa (try fruited Fruited Chili Sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 7 ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Don't worry if there are very small bits of the sunflower seed left.
- Lightly spray a non-stick skillet with cooking oil(**), then wipe out with paper towel so that there is barely anything left.
- Spread one spinach tortilla with about 2 tbls of mixture. Place in skillet.
- Sprinkle with some cheese, onion and salsa***.
- Place one sun-dried tomato tortilla on top.
- Put skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tortilla until the bottom is warm and turns soft. Carefully turn over and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm while making the rest.
- * you can use 1/2-1 tbls jarred tahini in place of seeds.
- **Do not oil skillet again.
- ***If salsa is a wet kind, remove from jar or bowl with slotted spoon.