Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A quick and easy method for making the classic spice mix. I have often used this when I was in a hurry, and didn't have time to grind my spices.
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cardamom
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Place ingredients in a small dry skillet.
- Heat over low heat, stirring, just until aromatic, but do not burn.
- Cool, and store in an airtight container until needed, no more than 3 months.
Just what I needed when I realised that I didn't have any in the house and was in the middle of preparing a recipe! The warm spices are perfect because the vegetable puffs (http://www.recipezaar.com/Vegetable-Puffs-8743) are for kids. Thank you very much for posting - you saved me a heap of time because I avoided a trip to the supermarket!
I used this for making recipe #258419. Since I only needed 1 teaspoon total, I reduced the recipe as such: 1/4 t cardamon, cloves and pepper, 1/8 t cinnamon, tiny pinch of cumin and coriander and a very tiny pinch of nutmeg. It worked beautifully, thanks for posting Sue! Please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.