Prep 5 mins
Cook 14 mins
LOOK MOM, NO PRESERVATIVES!!! You have to watch this very carefully when you are microwaving it, as it will burn very easily. Store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- In blender or food processor, blend fruit and sugar until smooth.
- Pour fruit puree into microwave-safe bowl and cook on HIGH 8 minutes or until puree is reduced by half.
- Lay a piece of microwave-safe plastic wrap on a 10-inch microwave-safe plate.
- Evenly spread 1/4 cup fruit mixture to a 6-1/2 inch diameter circle.
- Make sure edges are not too thin or they will scorch.
- Elevate plate on top of inverted (upside-down) microwave-safe saucer.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) about 5 minutes or until leather is no longer sticky in center.
- If more cooking time is needed, cook at MEDIUM in 25 second increments, watching closely so that leather does not burn.
- Carefully place plastic wrap with fruit leather on wire rack to cool.
- Let stand at room temperature overnight to dry.
- Repeat with remaining fruit puree.
- Roll up leathers in plastic wrap.
Very good. I will use this recipe again... no doubt.