Charlotte J's Note:
LOOK MOM, NO PRESERVATIVES!!! You have to watch this very carefully when you are microwaving it, as it will burn very easily. Store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In blender or food processor, blend fruit and sugar until smooth.
- 2Pour fruit puree into microwave-safe bowl and cook on HIGH 8 minutes or until puree is reduced by half.
- 3Lay a piece of microwave-safe plastic wrap on a 10-inch microwave-safe plate.
- 4Evenly spread 1/4 cup fruit mixture to a 6-1/2 inch diameter circle.
- 5Make sure edges are not too thin or they will scorch.
- 6Elevate plate on top of inverted (upside-down) microwave-safe saucer.
- 7Microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) about 5 minutes or until leather is no longer sticky in center.
- 8If more cooking time is needed, cook at MEDIUM in 25 second increments, watching closely so that leather does not burn.
- 9Carefully place plastic wrap with fruit leather on wire rack to cool.
- 10Let stand at room temperature overnight to dry.
- 11Repeat with remaining fruit puree.
- 12Roll up leathers in plastic wrap.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Fruit Leather
Serving Size: 1 (78 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 0.4 g