Prep 0 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Posting for safe keeping Cooking time has chill time included and is approximate
- 453.59 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 300 ml can sweetened condensed milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml dried cranberries or 236.59 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml chopped toasted pecans
- In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with condensed milk, stirring frequently, until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into foil-lined 8-inch (2 L) square cake pan; smooth top. Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Turn out onto cutting board; peel off foil. Cut into squares. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.).
- Additional Information.
- Tip: To toast nuts, bake on baking sheet in 350°F (180°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden.
Very nice! I use unsweetened Bakers chocolate. A few less calories. Add a tsp of vanilla as well. Otherwise, very nice. As Noo said, can sure change it up for variety. Thanks.
Oh so simple and oh so yummy.Not sure that I would necessarily class it as a fudge,but whats in a name? I used raisins and toasted almonds to make mine,maybe next time a few chopped glace cherries would be good too.The crunch of the nut,the juiciness of the raisin and the soft smoothness of the chocolate all marry together perfectly to create this delicious treat.DH is a happy bunny as he loves things like this!!Thanks for sharing,WickedCook. Made for PhotoTag.