Recipe by wicked cook 46
Posting for safe keeping Cooking time has chill time included and is approximate
Top Review by godbreathed01
Very nice! I use unsweetened Bakers chocolate. A few less calories. Add a tsp of vanilla as well. Otherwise, very nice. As Noo said, can sure change it up for variety. Thanks.
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries or 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- In bowl over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, melt chocolate with condensed milk, stirring frequently, until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Stir in cranberries and pecans.
- Pour into foil-lined 8-inch (2 L) square cake pan; smooth top. Refrigerate for about 3 hours or until firm.
- Turn out onto cutting board; peel off foil. Cut into squares. (Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.).
- Additional Information.
- Tip: To toast nuts, bake on baking sheet in 350°F (180°C) oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden.